Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some New Stuff On the Walls/ What's up with Oatmeal?

"Kid's Cave"
Pretty self explanatory, this is what it's all about, people. All day, everyday.
Have you seen Andrew and Schanen's room yet? It is really a sight to behold! I don't even know how to describe this amazing collage of beauty that drapes their full heads of hair while they sleep, except to say that it is one of the most magical things I have ever seen.

This is a fragment of a giant hand-made quilt Schanen and I found at our friends Josh and Susanne's apartment. It is the best piece of found art I have ever seen! It was absolutely humongous and covered in cigarette burns, so I chopped it up and hung it next to my bed. You should come and see it in person, since this picture does it no justice at all!

"Boys Bathroom"
This is a mysterious little thing that adorns Ian, Dale, and I's bathroom. What does the "B" stand for? Bathroom? Baseketball? Bolof? It seems as if it's up to the viewer. Like a modern day Van Gogh, it is truly a thinking man's painting

Further evidence of the fact that Goodwill Outlet is taking over the lives of certain family members of The Cave is our new shelf hanging over the stairs. Not only is the two cent gem of shelf from there, but our little frog pal was discovered on the very same trip! Now we have a place to stow away our treaures and crap and I think Bart is happy to have a new friend.

"Bless Our Mess"
A little knick-knack I put together using this ancient-tropical Disney rag that Rachelle got for me as a tasty little present. It is currently hanging between "SHANDREW'S" room and my own.

"They Will Drown In Blood"
This is a trippy/bloody painting Dale did over a canvas he found at Goodwill Outlet. It is hanging outside of his room. Check out the brutal spillage on to the frame! Gut-wrenching!

Oatmeal
By the way, I don't know if you have met her, but this is our little kitty, Oatmeal. Usually she is a very sweet, precious, creature. Never ruffling feathers or getting in anyone's hair, to use two cliques. Not as of late, though. The past couple of days she has been very "aggro" and out of control. We are all hoping this is just growing pains, and would appreciate if you would keep her in your thoughts (and prayers, if applicable).

Love,
Casey

No comments: