Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Magical Evening With the Party Crasher

This weekend Ian and I went to a party with our friend Jeff Kirby, and boy! It was gnarly, to say the least! He told it was going to be a "cabaret" themed birthday party, which sounded lame, but nothing else was really going on, so we went. We arrive at the house, expecting to see some goofballs dressed in goofy dresses and fake eye lashes, and instead what we got was pure gold.

Instead of lame-o's, in even lamer costumes, we ended up raging with the entire burlesque dancer community of Seattle! This is "Shang Hai", she dances at various cabaret clubs on any given night of the week. I immediately fell in love with her, only to have my heart broken later on in the night.

Here is Ian being put into a head-lock by a dancer named "James Blonde". She is actually 4'11'', but wears the biggest heels possible to become way taller. You can see her at The Can Can on weekends with her troupe that I forgot the name of, but I remember it was dumb.
Here is me pouting under the Magical Theater after seeing "Shang Hai" making out with a girl, and realizing I might not be "her type".
The night ended with a very scandalous dance floor, and us getting home way too late. While we both had a blast, I think Ian might be alone next time he wants to go Party Crashing with Jeff. I'll stay home and ice my body from this past weekend.

No comments: